[pmwiki-users] PVT' question

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Mon Feb 25 14:06:02 CST 2008

Hans schrieb:
> Monday, February 25, 2008, 6:34:44 PM, Knut Alboldt wrote:
>
>> (my-)PTVName: PTVValue
>
>> should define a PTV named "my-PTVName" with the value of "PTVValue" but
>> it should only be displayed as:
>
>> PTVName: PTVValue
ok, I see.

> We don't have 'labels'  like link labels, so I think we need to
> separate PTVs from displayed values, i.e. use a hidden PTV
>
>    (:my-PTVName: PTVValue:)
>
> and display separately as
>
>    PTVName: {$:my-PTVName}
>
> It could be all on one line:
>
> label: {$:PTVName} (:PTVName: value:)

But doesn't a line like

name: value

define a PTV ? so what will

label: {$:PTVName} (:PTVName: value:)

do then ? Will "label" automatically become a PTV, too ?

Would it be possible to create a new markup like:

(:TEST (my-)name value:)

which can be translated to the contruct above:

name: {$:my-name} (:my-name: value:)

and will it be recognized as a PTV when I use pagelists etc, i.e. will a
markup that will result in a PTV when parsed also be parsed during a
pagelist-action ?

Knut