[pmwiki-users] PVT' question

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 15:02:23 CST 2008

> Hans schrieb:
> >    (:my-PTVName: PTVValue:)
> >
> > and display separately as
> >
> >    PTVName: {$:my-PTVName}
> But doesn't a line like
>
> name: value
>
> define a PTV ? so what will
>
> label: {$:PTVName} (:PTVName: value:)
>
> do then ? Will "label" automatically become a PTV, too ?

Out of curiosity I tested it and sure enough it will make "label" into a PTV
as well.

Recipe WikiSh has an "echo" function so you could do this:

(:my-PTVName: PTVValue:)

{(echo "PTVName: {$:PTVValue}")}

(or do it all on one line)

I just checked to make sure order of processing wouldn't assign this one as
well to a new PTV and it does not.  This gives you the display you were
looking for.  Whether you want to load a whole new recipe to do it is
another question...

I'm guessing there's some way to produce the HTML character entities
directly on a page -- &58; is a colon, but when I put that in a page via the
edit screen it doesn't display the colon...

-Peter