[pmwiki-users] Viewing Wiki on BlackBerry or iPhone

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 12:19:28 CDT 2008

Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 9:19:35 PM, gary garcia wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for viewing on these handheld devices ?

The wiki skin should have a line in the head which will load a css
stylesheet for handhelds, and all necessary style changes should be
in there:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/handheld.css' type='text/css' media='handheld' />

Perhaps you can experiment with this, creating a useful handheld.css
file. If you do that for inclusion in the Triad skin I would be very
interested to see it! Unfortunately I can't do this development
myself, since I don't own a handheld device!

If you put handheld.css into the css folder of triad/, then the triad
tmpl file needs this line added before the </head> tag:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='$SkinDirUrl/css/handheld.css' type='text/css' media='handheld' />

or in skin.php near the end ca line 500 before the <link .......... media='print' />
line (where you see the other css load code lines).

Examples of handheld.css you find by googling for it, but of course
they need to be adjusted for the skin's particuar divs or layout
table ids.

  ~Hans