[pmwiki-users] Upgraded Fox and FoxCommentBox now Fails

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 14:11:49 CDT 2008

Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 6:08:15 PM, Graham Archer wrote:

> I just replaced my original fox.php version 2007-12-22  with the new
> fox.php version 2008-03-11

> [snip]....

> I guess the "upgrade" is not as simple as switching over files as I hoped.

There have been quite a few changes. I labelled the next version after
2007-12-22 a major upgrade, which needed some adjustments.

You need to install FoxDelete now separately. That should
hopefully sort out the delete links.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxDelete

You need to move Site.FoxConfig to SiteAdmin.FoxConfig, if you use
such a page.

Change any (:messages:) markup used by Fox to (:foxmessage:) or
(:foxmessages:) (both are the same).

> btw config.php contains ...........

> # FOX
>   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/fox.php");
> #Include commentbox
> include_once('cookbook/commentboxplus.php');
> #Fox Forum
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxtemplates.php");

I would change the load order to:

# set any Fox config variables here:
# ......

# set the page store for fox and foxforum  template pages
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxtemplates.php");

# FOX
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/fox.php");

# Fox delete markup
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox/foxdelete.php");

commentboxplus has nothing to do with Fox, i.e. a FoxCommentbox does
not use commentboxplus.php

  ~Hans