[pmwiki-users] single quotes and ToggleLink

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:30:52 CDT 2008

Hey all,

I know why this is a problem, but is it possible that there is a
solution?  I want to have a list of Questions and Answers (like a
FAQ), wherein the answers are hidden until the question is clicked on.
 I have tried using ToggleLink.  Here is an example of a problem
question:

* (:toggle div=cc1 init=hide lshow='Does a composer need permission to
make an arrangement of another composer's composition or song?'
lhide='Does a composer need permission to make an arrangement of
another composer's composition or song?':)
>>id=cc1 hidediv faqanswer<<
Yes. Section 106(2) grants the copyright owner blah, blah, blah.
>><<

Because the label for showing and hiding the answer contains a single
quote, and even though the single quote is entered in unicode, the
javascript is still broken and clicking on the text has no result.  Is
there any way this could be fixed?  Obviously we could attempt to
avoid ever using single quotes, however this could get annoying from
the author's perspective.

The other option I've thought of, if it's impossible to fix this, is
to force the author to use a button instead of linked text.  However,
if anyone has any ideas, I'd like to try that first.

Cheers,

Jon Haupt