[pmwiki-users] direct download turned off with SSL

Frank Graffagnino frankie at graffagnino.net
Thu May 1 10:02:17 CDT 2008

This is in response to a theory I had in a thread from a while back:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/48166

basically, when direct download is off, we have noticed problems
downloading files with Internet Explorer.

But I have been at a loss as to why more people hadn't seen this.  The
theory was that it might have something to do with the site being
behind ssl.

Finally gotten around to testing this, and confirmed that accessing
the download link through an https URL causes internet explorer to
throw an error, while downloading the same file behind a http link
seems to work fine.  (Keep in mind direct download is off.)

This probably occurs in quite a few versions, but I confirmed it on
Internet Explorer 6.0.2.1, pmwiki 2.2.0 beta 63, and apache 2.

Anyone else having issues with direct download off and using https?

FG