[pmwiki-users] FoxForum cannot create second forum

Marcus prima at wordit.com
Sat May 3 18:25:00 CDT 2008

On Sat, 3 May 2008 16:06:14 +0100
Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know why the form on FoxTemplates.CreateNewForum
> does not work for you. For troubleshooting you can try this:
> Edit  the form on FoxTemplates.CreateNewForum like this:

Hans, I get PERMISSION DENIED to copy on TestForum.CreateNewTopic
and the other three docs.

I don't understand why could FoxForum
create "Forum.CreateNewTopic" etc for the first forum without
permission? Is that also done by FoxTemplates.CreateNewForum?

I can create TestForum.TestForum as a normal user, and any other pages.
FoxForum can create new topics and replies under Forum.Forum.

I now manually created the pages needed for TestForum. New topics and
replies are created, so there must be permission to create pages under
TestForum.X
I even chmoded the wiki.d and fox templates directories to 0777 and
removed all edit and admin passwords from config.php.
I can try sometime with a new installation, but it seems really odd.

The Forum.Welcome page was not created by the original
installation. There were some other oddities, which suddenly cleared up
when I played with the ForumConfig. Out of the box the installation
was a bumpy ride.

Once setup it is a great simple forum, I'm just not sure how
users add their profile because that has to be done manually it seems?

Btw, how do you get the PhpBB colours and look?

Thanks,

Marcus