[pmwiki-users] Footnotes Extended external link

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Sun May 25 17:53:45 CDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Dr Fred C <drfredc at verizon.net> wrote:
> You might be making it more complicated than is necessary.
>
>  If all you are trying to do is add links to footers or headers, (not
> footnotes like a bibliography), aka the first or last section of a wiki
> page, you just create the GroupFooter (or GroupHeader) page for that group
> by creating a GroupFooter page with whatever you want (including links) for
> that group and you're done.   For more info, edit a page in the group you
> want a GroupFooter (or GroupHeader) to be in and click on "show help" then
> "documentation index" for an explanation.

Actually, I'm looking to create a footnote like a bibliography. For
example, if I have a quote that I want to cite:

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain." [1]

Then at the bottom of the page, create a footnote for the reference:

[1] My Fair Lady, Alan Jay Lerner.

This can be done easily with the markup in Footnotes,
FootnotesExtended, and MarkupExtensions (the [^citation goes here^]
tag). But if I want to add a link to the citation:

[1] [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_in_Spain|My Fair Lady]],
Alan Jay Lerner.

The link does not process. It simply shows up exactly like above
(without actually creating the link). I am looking to add link
processing to the footnotes markup. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!
Daniel Roesler
diafygi at gmail.com