[pmwiki-users] Fox : adding id, name and class support to fox form

Jean-Fabrice [gmail] jeanfabrice at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:29:06 CDT 2008

2008/10/31 Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>:
> Friday, October 31, 2008, 11:13:22 AM, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] wrote:
>
>> Do you have any plan for supporting those parameters in the fox markup
>> ? It could be helpful for those of us playing with ajax and/or css.
>
> what exactly do you need? At present you get
> <form  name='$name' .......
> where $name gets substituted for the form name (first parameter in
> the (:fox ... markup).
Excuse me, I did not check that name was already supported, at least
on non-upload foxform. Are there any reserved names ? one of my fox
form is named 'upload' : (:fox upload...) and I don't see the name
entity in the rendered html.

> Do you want to output something like
> <form  name='$name' id='$name' class='foxform' .... >
> ?
something like (:fox myform id='myformid' class='myclass'...:) which
would render <form name='myname' id='myformid' class='myclass'
action=....>. The idea is to have the same behaviour than pmwiki forms
markup. This would also lets someone puts whatever id and class he
needs. Supporting ptv in those entities would be nice too.
JF