[pmwiki-users] Fox : adding id, name and class support to fox form

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 10:01:26 CDT 2008

Friday, October 31, 2008, 1:29:06 PM, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] wrote:

> Excuse me, I did not check that name was already supported, at least
> on non-upload foxform. Are there any reserved names ? one of my fox
> form is named 'upload' : (:fox upload...) and I don't see the name
> entity in the rendered html.

the name= HTML parameter was added to th elatest update
version 2008-09-17
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/fox.php

fox.php as part of the foxforum.php has not yet been updated.

> something like (:fox myform id='myformid' class='myclass'...:) which
> would render <form name='myname' id='myformid' class='myclass'
action=....>>. The idea is to have the same behaviour than pmwiki forms
> markup. This would also lets someone puts whatever id and class he
> needs. Supporting ptv in those entities would be nice too.

I would like to keep things simple.
Each fox form needs a name as first parameter in the markup, for
identifying the form (and the end of the form).
This is past in HTMl as the 'foxname' parameter in a hidden input
field. It is now also used as a name= attribute in the HTML form tag.
I could expand this to add it as a HTML id= attribute of the form tag.
I don't see why it should be specified differently from the name
parameter.

I have not seen a reason to add a class= HTML attribute, and why we
should be able to specify it. Each input control carries a class
attribute, and it could also be specified as part of the input markup.

In general any parameter added to the fox markup is passed as a
hidden input value at form submission. Some parameter names are
reserved words.

  ~Hans