[pmwiki-users] Linux or Windows

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon Sep 1 10:32:04 CDT 2008

A few years back I moved from a Windows host to a Linux. I much prefer
the Linux host. I have control over URL names (mod_rewrite), and
generally have more control over the environment. Information for
installation and configuration of 3rd party software (things like Ruby,
GIT, Drupal), seem to be more readily available for Linux as well.

In terms of PmWiki specifically, I'm not sure it makes much difference,
other than potential mod-rewrite issues.

  ~ ~ Dave