[pmwiki-users] Listing of unresolved attachments in AttachTable recipe?

Karl Schilke schilkek at onid.orst.edu
Tue Apr 14 13:54:21 CDT 2009

We are using AttachTable with our PmWiki installation with great
success. The ability to restore previous versions of deleted files has
been a lifesaver!

Is there any way to enable the display of "unresolved" attachments in
Attachtable? I often write large sections of Wiki text with many
attachments, and it is somewhat tedious to scroll down through the
text to the first red link, click it, locate the file to upload, click
"Upload", and then return to the "View" tab, scroll down to the next
red link, click it, locate the file, ...

This activity could be avoided if the Attachtable included a list of
all Attach: directives that did not yet have files associated with
them, and allowed direct uploads from the Attach screen. I envision
them presented as red links with the paperclip icon to maintain the
paradigm used in page display. After uploading the file, the page
would display the updated Attachtable list, allowing the user to
continue making further upload/delete/rename operations.

I'd be happy to help design and test this change, but I'm not familiar
enough with PmWiki internals to undertake it myself.

Thanks in advance,

     -Karl Schilke, Oregon State University

--
"Every complex problem has a solution that is simple, direct,
plausible and wrong." -H.L. Mencken