[pmwiki-users] Listing of unresolved attachments in AttachTable recipe?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:58:44 CDT 2009

Prompted by Karl's note, I finally got myself around to updating
Attachtable <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Attachtable>. There
are some minor additions for prettier output and RecentChanges
logging, and the authentication difficulties ought to be now fixed,
but the biggest addition is a lookup for attachment references in wiki
pages.

The reference lookup is a bit on the slow side, as it requires all the
pages (by default, Attachtable only looks at pages in the same group)
to be parsed for attachment links. This is now done two different
ways: if the number of pages that need to be parsed is relatively low,
Attachtable overloads the $LinkFunctions['Attach:'] function and
properly parses each page; this should be as robust as possible.
However, if the number of pages is greater (as it often is)
Attachtable does a *much* simpler search through each page for links
to attachments that'll break if you have eg. attachment names
generated from page variables or a custom way of referring to
attachments.

By default, then, missing/unresolved attachments are listed below
those that do exist and with names in italics.

Any bug reports (not yet tested in any IE) or further suggestions are
highly appreciated...

eemeli