[pmwiki-users] Meta Description -- top or bottom of page?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:36:40 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if (:description your page's description goes here:) should
> be at the top or bottom of a page?  If one page, including its
> meta-description, is included in another, which description 'wins'?
>
> I always have (:title page title goes here:) at the foot of my pages as a
> consistent way of preventing the 'last title wins' issue with titles -- is
> description similar?

Tested this out, and find that the descriptions from the included and
including pages are combined in one meta-tag, although there is a line-break
between them -- that linebreak would be ignored by bots, right?

I'm going to make it a practice to keep (:description ...:) at the foot of
every page, just above (:title ...:) -- that way, I'll always know what to
do to use or avoid using the behavior that combines tags.