[pmwiki-users] [[!topic |link text]]

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Apr 29 09:39:21 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:37 AM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
> Is there a reason why pmwiki.org treats this as
>
> [[topic |link text]]
>
> (i.e. links to the current group) rather than
>
> [[$CategoryGroup/topic |link text]]

I note that profile links [[~X]] are handled differently in
author.php.  It changes [[~X]] into an intermediate markup form
[[$AuthorGroup/X]] regardless of what X is.  That means that any
[[~a|b]] or [[~a|+]] or [[~a->b]] or etc. all get handled as expected.
 (I'm reading code rather than actually testing so I may be off here.)

I expect that category links are handled differently (with their own
beginning-to-end markup rather than producing an intermediate markup)
because they have a different CSS class for formatting purposes.  But
perhaps there's a different way around it so that [[!x]] could be more
like [[~x]] in terms of responding kindly to the various combinations
of the link itself and the display text...?  I don't have that
"different way" -- I'm just throwing out a question...

Is there some way of changing [[!X]] into [[$CategoryGroup/X]] while
still getting it to format using class=categorylink?  If so that would
give us the best of all worlds without having to multiply the number
of markup rules...

-Peter