[pmwiki-users] Problem with search on pmwiki.org

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue Dec 15 08:59:31 CST 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:47:21 +0100
Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:

>As Holger suggested, you can use more search terms for better
>results, like :
>
>  mini image thumb gallery

Sorry but I think that you are missing my point. Forget about mini,
it's was only an example. My point is the search.

PmWiki doesn't search for words or strings but for substrings, which
makes it pretty much useless because the right result is buried in
hundreds of false results.

Returning Administration when searching for mini is not a "valid
search result". Giving the option of searching for words only would
be a start.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com