[pmwiki-users] Problem with search on pmwiki.org

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Dec 15 01:47:21 CST 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 05:51:35 pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> Holger Kremb <pmwiki at kremb.net> wrote:
> >I think you mean thumbnails?! Try a search with "thumbnails" or use
>
> I know, I was looking for the Cookbook/Mini.

As Holger suggested, you can use more search terms for better results, like :

  mini image thumb gallery

Or, you can search for the term " mini " with the quotes and the spaces.

Or, you can search for the page name with :
  name=Mini

or even
  name=*mini*

Or, you can restrict the search to the Cookbook/ group via one of those :

  Cookbook/ image mini gallery
  name=cookbook.mini*

> The pmwiki search returned at least a hundred pages without the word
> 'mini', these pages just had the substring 'mini'. That should be a bug.

Correct, our search returns pages that contain the searched tearms as
substrings, unlike google which returns results for whole words and other
related forms of the words. Not a bug, just different designs.

Petko