[pmwiki-users] Any hope for 2.2.0 stable release?

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 15 13:08:59 CST 2009

My own installation of PmWiki will probably serve as is for another
couple of years, but then it'll really start to get tired without
further development.

But that gives us time to get organized for moving forward.

The issue that you describe sounds organizational to me, another reason
to organize the community on a more formal basis.

The question is, is there sufficient interest and energy to assemble an
effective group.

What I see:

Step 1: declare current release out of beta
Step 2: identify a (for real) webmaster to take responsibility for
pmwiki.org
Step 3: create a development.pmwiki.org subsite, where we can set up a
wiki to begin a formal planning process (and set up a TRAC repository
for the current code base)
Step 4: fire up pmwiki-devel for *lively* discussions about related
issues: planning, feature discussions, organization, decision making, etc.
Step 5: follow-up from steps 1-4 <grin>...

- Henrik

Oliver Betz wrote:
> Henrik Bechmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>> PmWiki is most certainly a laggard by now. The current version has been
>> in beta for far too long (for well justified personal reasons as we
>> know), while the rest of the world is not standing still. See for
>>

> IMO it's also very disappointing that not even user contributions are
> made available. Christian Bartolomäus and Stefan Wüst improved the
> German translation a lot (and I added a little), and it's still not
> available as download although PM has been asked repeatedly for it.
>
> I'm really concerned about the future of PmWiki.
>
> Oliver

Henrik Bechmann
bechmann.ca