[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 08:09:08 CST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Petko Yotov has graciously agreed to serve as PmWiki's "release manager"
> and site maintainer.

That's great!

Question: Are we talking about Petko filling two roles, or do you seem
them as very closely integrated? (The answer later in your post seem to
indicate the former).

> As pmwiki.org site maintainer, Petko will have the ability to enable
> recipes, skins, and other features on pmwiki.org and perform any other
> tasks needed to keep the site functioning smoothly.

Great.

> firm believer in the value of time-based releases -- i.e., releases that
> going to let him to determine the frequency and timing to be used, but I
> ask that we have a new release of PmWiki at least once per month.

My guess is that monthly releases will be to often, but I suggest it's
something to be discussed completely separately.

Take care Patrick and best regards to you and everyone,
Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr