[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release, new release manager

Michael Shanley mike at upisup.com
Fri Jan 16 09:09:38 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Christian Ridderström <
christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> firm believer in the value of time-based releases -- i.e., releases that
>> going to let him to determine the frequency and timing to be used, but I
>> ask that we have a new release of PmWiki at least once per month.
>>

> My guess is that monthly releases will be to often, but I suggest it's
> something to be discussed completely separately.

We might find that once a month is perfect in the long run. It feels like
the right amount of time to implement a few features and squash bugs. Better
to have fewer stable features now than have many unstable features for a
longer period of time, right?

Maybe we can consider numbering versions as Version.Year.Month? It would
imply we're in version 2.2.1 right now, so at least it transmits more
meaningful information...

I look forward to contributing in the PmWiki Renaissance. (So glad I decided
to start using Pm for my projects again. I love this code).

Mike