[pmwiki-users] Tagger

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 03:42:23 CST 2009

Thursday, January 29, 2009, 8:41:57 AM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:

> Is there any other simpler way to let such a thing work?

PS: I just checked, becausea memory urged me...
PmWiki has a mechanism for autocreati9ng category pages:
I quote from ReleasweNotes:

It's now possible to configure PmWiki to automatically create
Category pages whenever a page is saved with category links and the
corresponding category doesn't already exist. Pages are created only
if the author has appropriate write permissions into the group. To
enable this behavior, add the following to local/config.php:

$AutoCreate['/^Category\\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now);

This is much simpler than the recipe Cookbook/AutoCreateCategory
and in fact I think this recipe is obsolete.

For multiple Category/tag groups we can add several $AutoCreate
variables to config.php:

$AutoCreate['/^Author\\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now);
$AutoCreate['/Genre\\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now);
$AutoCreate['/^Status\\./'] = array('ctime' => $Now);

etc.

See also
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/EditVariables#AutoCreate

I think we need a note on PmWiki.Categories about autocreating
category pages using this variable.

  ~Hans