[pmwiki-users] Validating forms in pmwiki

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 09:13:27 CDT 2009

Friday, July 3, 2009, 3:04:13 PM, Hans wrote:

> I think one may need some javascript to prevent
> the 'Enter' key pressed as being interpreted as a form submit.
> A solution would be PmWiki specific, not Fox, as some javascript
> event hook needs to be added to text and textarea input fields.

i think this should work:
add to config.php:

#prevent hitting 'Enter' from submitting a form
HTMLHeaderFmt['noenter'] =
"<script language='JavaScript'>
        function disableEnterKey(e)
        {
             var key;
             if(window.event)
                  key = window.event.keyCode; //IE
             else
                  key = e.which; //firefox
             return (key != 13);
        }
/script> ";
InputTags['textarea'][':html'] =
"<textarea \$InputFormArgs onKeyPress='return disableEnterKey(event)'>\$InputFormContent</textarea>";
InputTags['text'][':html'] =
"<input type='text' \$InputFormArgs onKeyPress='return disableEnterKey(event)' />";

  ~Hans