[pmwiki-users] Fixing the documentation

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Jul 13 15:45:36 CDT 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Monday 13 July 2009 20:07:04 DaveG wrote:
>
>> If that is correct, why would we not want to do this? I can see it might be
>> some work, but it sounds like Ed W is prepared for this, and just wants
>> input on what he should be looking for. (Again, this is how I read the
>> thread, and might be wrong.)
>>

> I read that someone knowingly broke his documentation links, and who doesn't
> assume this -- it is our fault, not his. We want to "*deliberately* keep
> things broken".

Yep, so re-READ the thread and you will see that I started talking about
consistency of the documentation, this thread has then broken off at a
tangent and started talking about technical issues of link formats...

Seriously - re-read the original email - there is one brief paragraph
justifying WHY I am fixing the documentation, but the basic email is
about improving consistency of the documentation.

> Note that *nothing* was broken until *he* broke it. And we're trying to help
> him with sample code to fix his bugs.

Well I still disagree, but this is getting nowhere, lets get back to the
"lets improve the documentation" topic which is the key issue

> And we are asked what we are guys smoking, and "Right well fuck it". I do not
> wish participate in this thread anymore.

Actually you are re-ordering the conversation - that was me giving up
and ranting earlier today.  This happened AFTER all the other stuff

> For the record, the pmwiki.org documentation is not locked for editing.

Check the Changelog and notice that I was starting to edit the
documentation just before posting my original question...

Actually you are the second person to make such a comment without even
thinking to check the changelogs...  I think you should at least do some
basic research and actually read the original post before trying to send
digs my way...

Regards

Ed W