[pmwiki-users] Editing Pmwiki *Locally* in a *Text Editor*

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Sun Mar 22 03:17:38 CDT 2009

> Summary question: Is there a way to keep a local copy of your wiki on
> your machine and change it locally (via a text editor preferably) and
> then upload a batch of changes at once?

I have used git for doing something similar. Very brief HowTo:

On your local computer:

cd wiki.d
git init
vim .gitignore - add any files you don't want synced
Your wiki: edit, edit, edit
git commit -a -m "Committed my changes"

On the remote side (you only need to do this once):
cd wiki.d
git init (create repo on the remote)

On your local computer:
git remote add origin ssh://myserver.com/~/public_html/pmwiki/wiki.d
git push origin master

If you use bzr there is a plugin called "upload", which makes this
process easier. From the description:

Upload *just* the working tree, and keep track of what has been sent for
incremental uploads. Mostly oriented towards web development.

Ian.