[pmwiki-users] Duplicated '' in edited pages

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat May 2 07:21:26 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
> On Friday 01 May 2009 00:33:55 stacy at projectexperts.com wrote:
>> Whenever I edit a page that has an apostrophe mark, either because of
>> bolding or because of a standalone apostrophe, it doubles it when it saves.
>> If I do this 10 times, it doubles the number of apostrophes 10 times.
>
>> I am using FixFlowSkin, and have also downloaded the current version of
>> that skin. I also copied to a different site, with the same results.
>
> Hello.
>
> Does the problem happen with another skin? Like the default "pmwiki" skin?
>
> Do you have any local customizations? Recipes, new markup rules, $ROEPatterns
> or $ROSPatterns?
>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Usually, you can disable your settings in config.php, one after another
> (temporarily place # at the beginning of the line). While a recipe is
> disabled, you edit a wiki page to see if the problem has gone. If yes, the
> disabled recipe was probably responsible.

Ben Stallings had an issue that might have been the same back in
December. He had three posts, with two replies from PM, on 12/19 and
12/20, in a thread "apostrophes getting doubled, backslashes
stripped", which might be useful -- it was over my head, but had to do
with magic quotes and a host's php settings.

Hope that helps,

Tegan