[pmwiki-users] How to mix structured data and free content in a page?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed May 13 13:05:10 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:

> DaveG wrote:
>
> [pages with structured and unstructured content]
>
> >BlogIt basically does this (using PmForms), storing a few structured
> >fields along with the unstructured blog content. However, I store the

> An interesting approach.
>
> The special edit action offering the hidden PTVs as form fields and
> hiding them from the standard edit field could be of general interest!

You might also look at the EditTItle recipe ...  I haven't used it, but the
approach sounds like it might work similarly to DaveG's blogit.  However,
instead of keeping all free-form in its own PTV it explicitly strips the
structured stuff before editing and then add it back in before saving.
(EditMore is more recent and has lots more functionality, but I haven't
looked at the implementation)

-Peter