[pmwiki-users] How to mix structured data and free content in a page?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed May 13 14:36:16 CDT 2009

Peter Bowers wrote:

[pages with structured and unstructured content, BlogIt]
>> The special edit action offering the hidden PTVs as form fields and
>> hiding them from the standard edit field could be of general interest!
>
>You might also look at the EditTItle recipe ...  I haven't used it, but the
>approach sounds like it might work similarly to DaveG's blogit.  However,
>instead of keeping all free-form in its own PTV it explicitly strips the
>structured stuff before editing and then add it back in before saving.

as far as I see, if handles page variables instead of page text
variables.

>(EditMore is more recent and has lots more functionality, but I haven't
>looked at the implementation)

I don't understand enough of both recipes to consider their use.

Eemeli Aro's "EditAttributes" looks also interesting, but currently it
takes only attributes from page markup but doesn't transport it back,
I will investigate this later. And there is a report that the recipe
doesn't work with templates...

Oliver