[pmwiki-users] Using pmwiki for School Websites

subs at topos.org subs at topos.org
Fri Sep 18 23:27:52 CDT 2009

Adam:

I LOVE PMwiki, too, but for a school application and environment, have you
considered Moodle (www.moodle.org )?

It's open-source FREE secure software written in PHP using a MySQL database.
I've found it fairly easy to install and administer on a typical shared
hosting account.

Moodle is already tailor-made for education with schools, courses, teachers,
administrators, students (roles), passwords, registration, enrollment,
secure file uploading, blogs, wikis, chat, lessons, glossaries, etc., etc.
already implemented.

Moodle has a large user base with good documentation and very helpful
forums.

Good luck and best wishes whatever your choice.

Steve