[pmwiki-users] PTV including directive : (:text: this is my long text, with pictures. (:thumlist:):)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 14 08:05:20 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 12:42:32AM +0200, ABClf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In some PTV, (:text: this is my long [[link|text]]:) I see I got
> trouble when I want to include a directive as (:thumblist:) ->
> because of the :)
> [...]
> Is there any trick to solve this (nested ptv?) ?

I had originally intended that multiple colons could be used to
disambiguate -- i.e., that one could increase the number of colons
on either side of the outer directive to distinguish it from any
nested directives:

    (::text: (:thumblist:) ::)

It looks as though this feature was never implemented, however.
Let me know if it would be worth changing the PTV markup rule to
support this.