[pmwiki-users] Find out main page name from header page?

Harald C. haraldc at gmx.net
Sat Jan 23 10:37:33 CST 2010

Hello,

I want to construct a multilingual site where there is one page per
language with the same name but in different language groups like De/,
En/, ...
(I would prefer to have groups (and page names) starting with a lower
case letter, but that's a different kettle of fish.)
I would rather not use the existing Cookbook recipes for multilingual
sites as they have the different languages together in one file which
IMHO is not so practical if the pages are long as in my case.

For the language switching I will use conditional markup which poses no
problem if it is placed in the main part of the page, as then I can use
OtherGroup.{$Name} for the same page in the other language.
But if I want to put the switching in the header, {$Name} in my case
points to (Site.)PageHeader.

Is there a possibility to have a $Variable accessible from the
PageHeader giving the name of the main page (the one with the text content)?

Thanks for tips. - Harald