[pmwiki-users] Fox + Google Maps?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jan 30 04:31:49 CST 2010

Thursday, January 28, 2010, 6:42:27 PM, Aditya Mandayam wrote:

> I would like to use an interactive map inside a Fox form to enter data
> that is then displayed on the map.

> Imagine, for example: a 'data entry page' that allows you to click a
> Google or Openstreetmap to point out your favorite watering hole and
> fill in data.

> Upon saving the map, the page contains this map along with the data you entered.

> How would you go about doing this?

Fox is a form processor which works with standard PmWiki
(:input...:) form controls.

I don't see that it would be possible to use a google map as
an input control to submit user entry data.

It may be best to work from within the map API, so user input is
directly translated into map changes, as is the case with
adding flags etc. The data should be stored within a map layer.

But perhaps others can give you different ideas and help.

  ~Hans