[pmwiki-users] I moved a wiki with heavy fox usage to another server…

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Mar 4 09:32:48 CST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Thursday, March 4, 2010, 1:07:54 PM, Martin Kerz wrote:
>
>> p.s. While I'm at it. I use foxedit to update PTVs. Is it possible
>> in a foxedit form to chose a PTV from a drop down list? Ideally the
>> current value of the PTV should be preselected.
>
> okay here is a form with conditional preselection:
>
> (:fox form ptvtarget={$FullName} :)
> (:if equal {$:abc} 1:)
> (:input select name=$:abc value=1 label=alpha selected=selected:)
> (:else:)(:input select name=$:abc value=1 label=alpha:)
> (:input submit post:)
> (:foxend form:)

Isn't there some much easier way to do this using (:input $:abc
default:)?  For some reason this "default" markup doesn't stick in my
head and I always have to research the syntax from scratch, but I'm
pretty sure there's a way to do it...

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/InputDefault

(After a 2-minute read, maybe as simple as (:input default $:abc
{$:abc}:) or (:input default source={$FullName}:) or something like
that...)

-Peter