[pmwiki-users] Newbie trying to understand Login/Logout

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Aug 3 10:49:09 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Dave Hylands <dhylands at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to use PmWiki in order to create web pages, but I don't
> really want anybody else to be able to edit them.

Check out http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords.  You'll notice the
first sentence says support for this is built-in.  Basically you need to
read through that page to determine how to *set* passwords (whether for the
entire site [PmWiki/Passwords#faq or
PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin#settingsitewidepasswords], a group
[PmWiki/Passwords#groupattr], or an individual page
[PmWiki/Passwords#pageattr]) and then whenever you try to edit that page you
will be automatically prompted for the password.

Nothing at all you you need to do beyond install straight vanilla PmWiki and
then set passwords.

Both the PmWiki/Passwords and PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin should be considered
required reading for anybody doing anything with passwords in pmwiki.

-Peter