[pmwiki-users] Pagelist favoring one group over another

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 03:01:33 CST 2011

I agree that this behaviour has puzzled me for some time, and I have been
meaning to submit a bug report.

I think it is a bug because it is inconsistent and unexpected. Everywhere
else name means page name, and group means group name.
If I wanted order by group I would say order=group,name,

I always say order=name in the expectation that sort will be by page name.
As a long time user of PmWiki I am actually surprised to hear it behaves
like this, and bet few more recent users of PmWiki would understand this
behaviour.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists#pagelistorder is clear
that  order is by name.
I suggest that rather than changing the documentation we change the
behaviour.

Happy New Year

Simon

____