[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.35 released: Security update

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Nov 11 11:56:42 CST 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011 18:17:17, Hladůvka Jiří wrote :
> the site which I administer work nice with version 2.2.25
>  From version Version 2.2.32 they do not show correctly Slovak characters
> as "á", "ť" and others. I always have to go back to 2.2.25.
> The pages are mostly built on pagelists and disabling the pagelists
> would totaly destroy their functionality.
>
> citation:
> "Migration of existing wikis from an older encoding to UTF-8 shouldn't
> be rushed: it is not trivial and will be documented in the future. "

You don't need to migrate to UTF-8, newer versions should work fine with the
Central European characters, just make sure you include the file
xlpage-iso-8859-2.php near the beginning of config.php, before calling
XLPage():

  include_once("scripts/xlpage-iso-8859-2.php"); # before XLPage()
  XLPage("PmWikiCs.XLPage"); # after include_once()

Also, make sure you update pmwiki.php and all files in the scripts/ directory.

If you have some difficulty, contact me.

> Can you estimate some date when the documentation is ready, please?
> Will this remove my problem with national Slovak and Czech characters?

If your page names don't contain international characters, it should be safe
to migrate: see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UTF-8 .

Petko