[pmwiki-users] URL/host based configuration

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Nov 30 12:11:53 CST 2011

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 07:00:16AM +1300, Simon wrote:
> Thanks, firstly I am currently using IIS.
> Secondly I can use index.php, but what difference would it make, PmWiki will
> still interpret the URL in the same way.

If you have the index.php files for each domain in separate
subdirectories, PmWiki will treat each subdirectory as its
own farm instance with its own local/ configuration directory.

If you really want to be switching things based on URL/hostname,
try looking at the value of $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].  It should
contain the hostname used to access PmWiki.

> I think that there needs to be an internal change to PmWiki somewhere.

I doubt it -- there are many ways to address this issue without
having to modify PmWiki.