[pmwiki-users] Configuring pmwiki

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Tue Apr 10 16:47:06 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm new as pmwiki admin and I would like to ask some doubts that I have. First
of all I have be able to install pmwiki in a Debian Squeeze without any
problem. However, the config step remains a bit confusing to me, probably
because my inexperience.

I would like to have a pmwiki site with some basics accounting settings. Just
an admin password to edit some pages(p. ex main page) and group of pages that
could be edited by some users.

Our environment has a ldap server where the users authenticate. So, my first
goal is to use the same user schema to manage pmwiki. So:

- can I use tls to connect to a ldap server?
- the unix groups defined in ldap could be used in pmwiki to select a group of
users that could edit some pages?
- can I define a private pages that could only be viewed by some IPs
(.htaccess?)

Thanks in advance,

Leo