[pmwiki-users] Configuring pmwiki

Vince Administration vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Wed Apr 11 09:12:42 CDT 2012

Yes.
On Apr 10, 2012, at 5:47 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new as pmwiki admin and I would like to ask some doubts that I have. First
> of all I have be able to install pmwiki in a Debian Squeeze without any
> problem. However, the config step remains a bit confusing to me, probably
> because my inexperience.
>
> I would like to have a pmwiki site with some basics accounting settings. Just
> an admin password to edit some pages(p. ex main page) and group of pages that
> could be edited by some users.
>
> Our environment has a ldap server where the users authenticate. So, my first
> goal is to use the same user schema to manage pmwiki. So:
>
> - can I use tls to connect to a ldap server?
> - the unix groups defined in ldap could be used in pmwiki to select a group of
> users that could edit some pages?
> - can I define a private pages that could only be viewed by some IPs
> (.htaccess?)
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Leo

Leo, this is the way we have set up our site.  We have a library of php functions that communicate with the ldap server, and this library is used throughout our entire site, not just the wiki.
Then in config.php, we have:
include("/Library/WebServer/Documents/general/subroutines/php/gid_functions.php");
For example, one of the functions is "TestGroupMembership".  In config.php we then can write:
if( TestGroupMembership($user,"faculty") )
       { $AuthList["@Faculty"]=1;
         $Facultygroup=1; }
This works well, we can then either use the AuthUser facility in PmWiki, or the if enabled on the $Facultygroup variable, according to need.

   Vince