[pmwiki-users] How to do the equivalent of hitting "save" on every page on the wiki?

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Thu Aug 16 13:27:10 CDT 2012

On 08/16/2012 12:09 PM, Alex Eftimiades wrote:
> I just added some important new page attributes that will get when you hit
> "save" while editing a page. I want to apply them to all the pages I currently
> have. I get the feeling this would not be as simple as doing a "WritePage" to
> each page on the wiki since that would just rewrite the existing page.
>
> There has to be a way to do this, I just have no idea how to go about doing so.
> I restructured my wiki to use these new page variables, so until I can figure
> out how to do this, my wiki will not function as intended.
> This is quite important, so if anyone has any ideas, please respond!

The pmwiki default format is easy to "edit" ... shoot maybe even a perl
one-liner would work (if you know how to do such things).

I've done this sort of things many times in the past.... for similar reasons in
fact.

But ... I also try to avoid things like say in your last paragraph...
"restructured my wiki to use[DEPEND ON] these new page variables".

Could you maybe describe what you are trying to do/accomplish?.. I (we) may be
able to suggest a non-disruptive way to handle what you are wanting to do.