[pmwiki-users] Developing a low cost reader device

V.Krishn vkrishn4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 03:16:42 CST 2012

On Friday, February 17, 2012 01:05:08 PM Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2012 13:07:27, V.Krishn wrote :
> > Would there be an interest in developing a low cost reader device?
> > Concept, working idea can be viewed here.
> > http://insteps.net/pr/a/pmwiki/Apps/PmReader
> > http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2012-January/059884.html
>
> This is a great idea to use PmWiki to easily create content and to
> distribute it in a portable form or format.

I had suggested .pwf (pmwiki format OR portable wiki format),
http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2011-December/059775.html

> An alternative or parallel approach to the same goal may be to write a
> pmwiki- to-epub exporter -- the *.epub format is an open standard and
> widely supported among e-book readers and tablets:
>
>   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB

The ebook for pmreader apart from having most benefits of epub, can also
overcome issues/criticisms layed out there.

> BTW, an epub-to-pmwiki-importer may be also doable in order to read the e-
> books in one's browser. Even if the dedicated e-book software is sometimes
> more comfortable for reading/navigating/anotating than a website in a
> browser.

Such import facility would be needed.

What I am lacking is contact to a vendor/VC willing to take it forward.
I hope support from pmwiki community to realize this device.

--
Regards.
V.Krishn