[pmwiki-users] IP change

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Apr 6 21:14:46 CDT 2015

Let's start with the example from your Main HomePage source:

<--- Here is a ref to the old "dead" URL
*[[http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/Djvu/Allen/|PDFs]]

Question: What does this reference need to be in the new site?

The Markup( ... ) command says to PmWiki, "Wherever you find this old
string, treat it as this new string when you render the page, but do this
before you evaluate link markup, ie [[stuff in square brackets]], so the
link renders the new address, not the old address."

The Markup call needs to be constructed so that it correctly changes all
old-style links into the correct new-style links. Thus we need to know
exactly what the old and new style urls look like, so we can construct the
correct replacement rule.

Hope that makes sense.

JR

--