[pmwiki-users] IP change

Jont Allen jontalle at illinois.edu
Tue Apr 7 08:05:21 CDT 2015

see below

On 04/06/2015 09:14 PM, John Rankin wrote:
> Let's start with the example from your Main HomePage source:
>
> <--- Here is a ref to the old "dead" URL
> *[[http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/Djvu/Allen/|PDFs]]
>
> Question: What does this reference need to be in the new site?
http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/Djvu/Allen/    <--- OLD
must map to:
http://auditorymodels.org/GEAR/Djvu/Allen/  <--- NEW

I assume that the markup would be:

Markup('urlmap', '<links', 'hear.ai.uiuc.edu', 'auditorymodels.org/GEAR/');

So I made this change in the config.php file. Then I went to:

http://50.81.134.248/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Publications
and clicked on the pdf link
which is:
http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/public/Toscano-Allen-JSLHR-2014.pdf

But this did not resolve to auditorymodels....
Instead it went to:
http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/public/Toscano-Allen-JSLHR-2014.pdf
which is a dead link

       Speech perception

  1. Toscano, Joseph and Allen, Jont B (2014) /Across and within
     consonant errors for isolated syllables in noise,/ Journal of
     Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, Accepted July 25, 2014;
     doi:10.1044/2014_JSLHR-H-13-0244, (JSLHR
     <http://jslhr.pubs.asha.org/Article.aspx?articleid=1894924>,pdf
     <http://hear.ai.uiuc.edu/public/Toscano-Allen-JSLHR-2014.pdf>)

   The Markup( ... ) command says to PmWiki, "Wherever you find this old
string, treat it as this new string when you render the page, but do
this before you evaluate link markup, ie [[stuff in square brackets]],
so the link renders the new address, not the old address." The Markup
call needs to be constructed so that it correctly changes all old-style
links into the correct new-style links. Thus we need to know exactly
what the old and new style urls look like, so we can construct the
correct replacement rule. Hope that makes sense. JR