[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.79 released (PmForm target)

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu Aug 27 11:41:03 CDT 2015

Hi Petko,

thanks for the explanation and the reminder.

[...]

>I'm not yet sure how to address this problem so for the moment I
>reverted the change -- I suspect many more people need the "target"
>PmForm attribute than the "target" HTML attribute.

sounds reasonable, and there is a workaround for the latter group.

>I tried changing PmForm to automatically handle the target setting
>without the need for it to be written in a template, but I suspect some
>complex PmForms may require more than one forms with different target
>settings so this would not work.

I use different target settings with PmForm, one has a
"saveto={$FullName}" in config.php.

I have to admit that I don't understand exactly the dependencies by
looking briefly at the construct. PmForm is not that easy to use and
not that verbosly documented.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Munich http://oliverbetz.de/