[pmwiki-users] New recipe, PopupIFrame, for creating modal dialog on page with arbitrary url source

John Rigdon jrigdon at researchonline.net
Mon May 30 18:29:47 CDT 2016

Here's a bit of javascript I use on my web sites.  It has the advantage of
not being recognized as a pop-up by the pop-up blockers and can be sized
and positioned.

Put this bit in the head of your page.

  <script>
// JavaScript popup window function
	function basicPopup(url) {
popupWindow =
window.open(url,'popUpWindow','height=560,width=560,left=600,top=50,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=yes,directories=no,
status=no')
	}
</script>

For PMWiki, this can be put in the body of your edit page with

(:html:)

and

(:htmlend:)

surrounding it.  Then add the 'addhtml' recipe to your config file.

For regular HTML pages, put it in the head of the page.

Then when you call a url to appear as a popup use this:

This works fine on Chrome, IE and Firefox.  Mobile devices and Safari
display the page as a new page.

YOu can see it working on my Words R Us Site.

www.wordsrus.info

Click on Words R Us For Business about half way down the page.

John Rigdon
www.wordsrus.info