[pmwiki-users] New features to be enabled in the PmWiki core

Johan Bengtsson elijah at chalmers.se
Tue Sep 10 01:15:13 PDT 2019

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, Petko Yotov wrote:

> Tell me what you think. What recipes/addons do you install on your wikis
> (especially if you have installed multiple wikis)?

We have	around 30 wikis at our site, some are used a lot, some just lay
dormant.

Important recipes for us:

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SortableTables

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiStylesPlus

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DragDropMultiUpload

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MovePage
(I have	an idea	for this recipe. How about including by	default	a semi-hidden
"Trash"-group in the wiki, and then there could be a choice to move pages
to that group...)

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HandyTableOfContents
(we have just installed	this but it seems very convenient)

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MultiLanguageViews
(super important on one of our sites. Very good.)

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Captcha

https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TellAFriend
(important for us but recipe seems to be abandoned since many years.
It works well after some changes to the code...)

Wishlist:

-Something that	_clearly_ indicates to users that they must specify
their username when saving. We are forcing this and if username has not been
specified
before it can be confusing. The boira skin seems to do this well.

-A way for users to add/remove a selected number of recipes/skins
to their sites,	without	editing	config.php.

-A safer way to move many pages a once without using wikish.
I have it installed for	myself to sometimes do "mv *" stuff, but it
doesn't	seem safe to have it enabled for users.

-Johan Bengtsson