[pmwiki-users] Session (or authid?) and fastcache recipe issue

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Oct 17 10:27:13 PDT 2020

I made a small correction to the $FastCacheValid variable: since PHP 5.3
cookies are not in the $_REQUEST array by default.

I don't have this installed and have no way to test it, please report --
you'll need to edit a page and save it to clear existing cache.

Someone who uses this recipe should take over the maintenance -- the
original author Eemeli Aro no longer uses PmWiki, and has released all
his addons as free/libre software allowing modification and
redistribution.

For example, PmWiki may issue a session cookie even to people who don't
have any permissions and are logged out. In this case, apparently the
cache will be invalidated, that is, not saved. Someone who needs this
recipe and uses it should take a look at the logic.

FYI, on your website there is no session cookie when the visitor is
logged out, so you should be mostly safe.

Petko