[pmwiki-users] Sidebar and main part of page with no content

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Sep 12 09:53:08 PDT 2020

Both actions "source" and "diff" appear to work fine:

   http://www.elfgestirn.de/Verein/HomePage?action=source
   http://www.elfgestirn.de/Verein/HomePage?action=diff

but not when the history has markup processed:

   http://www.elfgestirn.de/Verein/HomePage?action=diff&source=n

so my guess is some markup processing causes the blanking of the pages.

In the past, without any other warning or error message,  the most
frequent reason for a blank page or section was a call to
htmlspecialchars() in a recipe/addon/skin.

With recent PmWiki versions, any call to htmlspecialchars() can be
replaced with a call to PHSC() which is a PmWiki helper function that
safely calls htmlspecialchars().

Depending on how the server is configured, it is possible that another
function call may cause this. (Recent PHP versions change the rules and
something that worked fine in earlier PHP versions may stop working
after a server upgrade. I try hard to follow and fix any such cases, or
implement and document workarounds.)

It may be helpful to enable PmWiki diagnostics and open the page

    http://www.elfgestirn.de/Verein/HomePage?action=ruleset

where some custom markup rules may be marked as obsolete.

Again, try disabling (commenting out) *all* recipes and local
configuration, then enable one and see if it works or becomes blank.
Then proceed to the next one.

See https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting -- read all
sections, including the first one and the one on blank pages (since
source and diff actions work, it is likely NOT a problem with file
permissions but with something else).

Petko