[pmwiki-users] (:input default source=...:) not using $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars?...

pmwiki.johnny1000 at spamgourmet.com pmwiki.johnny1000 at spamgourmet.com
Mon Jul 25 03:29:17 PDT 2022

Hello,

I don't seem to be able to set a control's default value from
$DefaultUnsetPageTextVars, when either the source page does not exist,
or the PTV is not defined on the source page:
(When the PTV is defined on the source page, the control's default value
is set as expected.)

(:input default source=Main.DataPage:)
(:input text name=$:ptv:)

If either the source page does not exist, or the PTV is not defined on
the source page, I have to use the following code:
(This sets the control's default value from $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars as
expected.)

(:input default {$:ptv} Main.DataPage$:{$:ptv}:)
(:input text name={$:ptv}:)

Is there something I have not understood about (:input default
source=...:) + $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars, or have I stumbled upon a bug?

Cheers :o)
Johnny :o)