[pmwiki-users] (:input default source=...:) not using $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars?...

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Jul 25 04:24:21 PDT 2022

Thanks for the report.

Indeed,  (:input default source=...:) does not currently work with
$DefaultUnsetPageTextVars and $DefaultEmptyPageTextVars.

These 2 variables work the normal way PmWiki retrieves the value of a
page text variable, by page and variable name.

The (:input default source=...:) works the other way around, it
retrieves all existing page text variables from the source page, and
adds them to the $InputValues array. It doesn't request individual
variables that can be intercepted and defined when unset or empty.

One difficulty to add the $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars entries to the
$InputValues array is the former may contain wildcard characters like ?
or *, and the latter need to be precisely defined / fixed.

I have added non-wildcard entries from $DefaultUnsetPageTextVars and
$DefaultEmptyPageTextVars to unset or empty entries of the $InputValues
array. This should be available for 2.3.9 next month.

You can download a nightly release, or a partial export from:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog

(Only the file scripts/forms.php changed.)

If you do test it, please report if something is not right.

Petko

--
PmWeekly Blog  :  https://www.pmwiki.org/News
If you upgrade :  https://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades