[pmwiki-users] update to PHP 8 (video5)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Oct 28 11:53:20 PDT 2022

On 28/10/2022 17:18, jdd at dodin.org wrote:
> Le 28/10/2022 à 17:11, jdd at dodin.org a écrit :
>
>> hello, I followed your hints and upgraded my pmwiki
>> (http://dodin.org),
>> but the video5 cookbook is not php 8 compatible and at least when
>> using
>> php 8 on this wiki (my provider allows me to change) it only displays:

>> been
>> disabled. See pmwiki.org/Troubleshooting'
>>       class='obsolete-markup frame'>⚠ (:video
>> VID_20210310_110118
>> :)</code>

Recipe updated, appears to work with PHP 8.2.

> by the way online syntax checkers do not find any error??
>
> https://extendsclass.com/php-tester.html
> https://phpcodechecker.com/
>
> ?

Yes, see pmwiki.org/Troubleshooting. Sometimes recipes only register
actions to be performed later by PmWiki, or functions to be called
later; until PmWiki tries to do what the recipe has requested, there may
be no obvious errors.

BTW depending on the code checker, it may never process the full file
which has this on the first line:

   if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();

If you run this single file in a PHP processor, it will simply exit.

Petko